Monday, August 28, 2006

This and That

Things are going. Going good, going ok, just going. I have been pretty busy with the startup of fall classes. I have been busy with Sarah. Just busy. I have been checking the blogs daily though. I have truly meant to comment...I have just been at a loss of what to say anymore...lol...if any of you really knew me; you would realize how odd that is..

We have been trying to work on our marriage. It is hard--I will try not to sugar coat that. Hopefully the light is at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully. After almost 7 years of marriage it is easier sometimes to just let life glide by...until you wake up one morning and think: Who is that person laying next to me?!?!?!?! I guess that is in a nutshell what has happened to us. Sarah is my world. So I have been putting him on the back burner for quite sometime now..my bad...I know I have to make more time for us--Im working on it....

Now on to happier thoughts. Sarah. My beautiful bouncing ball of energy. It is AMAZING how quickly they grow. I love her little conversations. They almost make sense to me now!! She is tall and skinny...That is one thing I thank goodness for her biological parents for!!! At her 2 year doctor appt. she weighed in at 26 1/2 pounds, 34 1/2 inches....The doctor has an interesting equation: you take your childs height at the 2 yr visit and you multiple it by 2, and you should have a ballpark (plus or minus a few inches) of their full adult height...So my little bean should be around 5'8"-5'9"....lol.....that will be interesting considering I am only 5'4" (if I round up!!!).

I hate to "bring down" this post--but I was browsing through the news and came across this article:
http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/08/28/464730.html&cvqh=itn_toddler

It makes me absolutely sick. I will never understand why or how anyone could do that. I would love to be in charge of torturing these people. To make the matter worse; people like this give ALL foster parents a negative image. We all suffer the consequences when these sick bastards hurt children...Imagine the biological parents?? The state takes away your child and then something like that happens to them...I honestly hope that couple rots in hell....

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am glad to hear ya'll are working on your marriage. It is tough to live with anyone- 7 years is a long time to throw away without a lot of work to make it work. Sarah needs both of you. I am praying for you all! I am glad sweet Sarah had a great visit at the dr. sounds like you have a bombshell on your hands!!!! All the more reason for you two to stick it out!! You will need another hand when the boys start coming around!!! :)

Maya said...

Glad that you are working through some of your issues with Hubbie. I am in the same boat. There is definitely a reason it is called the 7 year itch. Mine itch became a burn at the 7 year mark. I hope things get easier

CJ said...

Even when it's easy, marriage is still hard. I hope you two are able to continue to work things out. You're in my thoughts and prayers!