Saturday, May 10, 2008

Here Chickie Chickie...



So for the longest time now I have been wanting chickens, Yep. Thats right, I said chickens. Everyone thinks I am crazy for wanting "dirty disease ridden birds". Well let me tell you a little secret-chickens are dirty, if you dont clean up after them.


I have done alot of research on them and how to take care of them- and it is not really that hard. I have my coop picked out, the chickens are ordered and will hatch on June 9th. I picked 2 different breeds- both lay brown eggs. I am so excited.


Everyone asks "Why dont you just buy your eggs...They are not that expensive.." It is not really about saving a couple dollars....True eggs are projected to go up to over $4 a dozen by the end of year, True I could have enough extra eggs to sell and make a little extra money....But fresh eggs are th absolute best. I dont know if you guys have ever had them but they are huge and taste so much better. I plan on raising my chickens totally organic, NO antibiotics, no cramped conditions or inhumane treatment- like they do in commercial settings...Happy chickens means better eggs, right?!?!!?!?


Did you know that the eggs you buy in a grocery store are over a month old already?? I didnt either until i started researching them.

No comments: