Monday, February 13, 2006

FINALIZATION DAY!!!!!!!

Today with an extremely happy heart I would like to announce the finalization of our daughter adoption!!!! Yeah!!! She has *always* been our daughter from day 1; but today it is officially "official"! Our meeting with the judge was set for 10:00 this morning and it lasted all of 10 minutes! It was soooo~oo nice to hear her proclaimed ours forever! Our two caseworkers met us at the courthouse. All of my family lives in a different state so they were unable to attend. My sister in law &brother in law live clsoe to us but they did not show up. Errrr...But that is an ENTIRELY different post. My princess was adorable! All dressed up. I am finally able to feel some closure and blow a *BIG* sigh of relief....No one can take her from us now....I don't have to worry anymore about a caseworker showing up at our door trying to take her away.....Not that that would have happened anyways since the TPR was signed when she was 4 months old.....But as a foster to adopt parent; that thought is always in the back of your mind!!! I am soo happy right now!!! Life truly cannot get any better!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your new daughter!! Yay!!! I think you deserve a baby shower (or party if you had one already). I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY all about those thoughts in the back of your mind. Congratulations again. :-)