Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ramblings

I wanted to take some time to collect my thoughts. Its so funny how things work out sometimes. Im a HUGE believer in FATE/DESTINY. The more I think about certain instances of my life where something monumental has happened; and the consequences that arise from that instance. The choices I have made thus far; whether others believe them right or wrong, have worked out for me. I can't imagine my life being any different. Not that my life is perfect in any sense. But it just works for me. Ya know? The more I think of certain decisions I have made and how they have impacted the course of my life; I find it absolutely amazing. Whoever could doubt that destiny really exists??? I have been thinking...."What if I had done this different..?" ...."Would it still have turned out like this?????"............Scary to realize that something I could have done different would alter my life in a huge way... Let me share some.....

1. When I got out of the military I went home. Started a semester of college. So my best friend tried to convince me to move to Florida with her. I didn't give it much thought. I was all for it. I was home for a total of 5 months before I packed my car and drove down with her. We had arranged for an apartment. That was it. We had no jobs, and I only had like $1000 to my name. My family thought I was nuts. But if I didnt move I NEVER would have met my husband or had my daughter. So that brings me to...............

2. How I met my husband. After panicking for the first 2 weeks in Florida about not having a job, I got hired at a local health system. I was scheduled to go to an orientation; which I ended up rescheduling last minute. My roomie had went on a vacation with her family and left her car at the apartment. As I was leaving to go to my orientation, my car of course WOULD NOT start. Great. I couldnt miss the prientation again or I wouldnt have a job. Without a job I could not get myc ar fixed or pay bills. So I "borrowed" my roomies car after much deliberation. So much deliberation in fact I was running late to my orientation. But to my relief I was not the only one running late!! There was another girl who had walked in right behind me; and the only 2 open seats left in the classroom where side by side....That girl was my husbands sister. After hanging out & chatting all day we exchanged numbers to hang out again....We became great friends and she introduced me to my love about 2 weeks later..............HOWS THAT FOR FATE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No comments: